Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I'm on a DIY kick with yard sale/trift store frames. I'll be sharing my creations as I get them completed. Here's the first little project. I got these frames for $1 each at a yard sale around the corner from my house. I painted the white frames black, the powder blue mats I painted soft white and added new pictures from Matthew's 13th birthday at Bass Lake. These will hang in his bedroom, that I swear I have been updating for a year! It's a work in progress for sure!





































I added some handwriting at the bottom of each print, just to make it somewhat custom. I love these and you can't beat the price for new artwork at 1 buck each, plus the cost of the print (it's cut down to 9x8) and cost me about $2 ....very thrifty project to decorate for this teen guy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

great job upcycling those frames.

Ramona said...

Reenie!!! Ya done good. These look store bought! I bet they will look fabulous in his room. Make sure you take photos when you hang them up. :)