Saturday, April 07, 2018

A visit to my old blog

i started this blog before people started becoming bloggers. I remember moving from the old message board format where i would visit with online friends every morning. Then we all started our own blogs and visiting every single blog of an online friend got to be a little overwhelming, so obviously my morning coffee routine changed. I stopped using the computer every morning and started cruising the internet on my cell phone. Funny how technology changes our routines and even our daily chats with friends. I don’t think i “talk” to my online friends like i used to, other than the double tap of a heart ❤️ on Instagram or the thumbs up 👍 like button on Facebook. So i do miss the olden day of early internet socializing. I do miss my online friends more than ever on the old message boards. I think Facebook changed the way we socialize online, but maybe not for the better. I recently deleted my Facebook account, due to all the data mining they have been gathering. It just became one long strand of ads and not much communication with friends. I’m sure instagram is headed in the same direction. I continue to share pictures, Crafts and snippets of my life in Instagram. I enjoy recoding life with my boys however i can get it down on paper or on screen. I think I’ll try to recapture it all one day in a simple little book, an open book that the world can see.
Love,
Reen

No comments: